This is something that drives me insane. Every time I plug my iPhone into my Mac to charge, it automatically launches iTunes and Photos. Thankfully, I managed to fix it. Here’s how:
Disabling automatic launching of iTunes
- With iTunes open and your iPhone plugged in, access your iPhone within iTunes.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Summary tab and locate the Automatically sync when connected checkbox.
- Uncheck this box and click Apply at the bottom right.
Disabling automatic launching of Photos
- Access the Photo Capture application with your iPhone plugged in.
- Next, select your iPhone from the menu to the left.
- On the bottom left corner, you will see a small arrow. Click on this.
- Your should now see various options that determine what happens when your iPhone is plugged in. Select No Action.
Your should be all set now. No more annoying iTunes or Photos when plugging your iPhone into your Mac.